Monday, August 16, 2010

Hot Flashes - I need some suggestions on how to handle these?

I'm 45 and I'm going through hot flashes now. I was put on some birth control and that helped but I also gained weight from it, so I went off of it. I did not want to add any more weight to what I've got.





Do any of you women have any suggestions or comments on how to handle hot flashes? I'm starting to drive my husband crazy too (-: Any suggestions are most welcome.Hot Flashes - I need some suggestions on how to handle these?
LJ - I'm a man, but I hope that won't count against my answering your question ;-) I've had bouts of night sweats, and my partner is in the middle of menopause - complete with hot / cold flashes during the day and night sweats at night. She and I did a lot of research, and ultimately we put together a web page with a few comments and possible solutions for men's night sweats and womens hot flashes (or any combination thereof ;-)





The web site lists a few remedies to counteract night sweats and hot flashes. We also found that venlafaxine (a generic substitute for Effexor) stopped the issue immediately - although it did cause a dry mouth as a side effect. It's actually a prescription drug which has been used to treat depression, but recently was approved to address symptoms of menopause. If you're OK with drugs, the venlafaxine stopped the hot and cold flashes and night sweats in just hours. Just keep in mind that your side effects may vary. If you'd prefer to avoid drugs, visit the web page below for other ways to attack the beast. Hope you find relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment