Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can a single, unemployed, 50 year old get motivated?

My company closed last December. I really liked my job and, after a nice promotion, it was (finally) starting to pay well. If I could have stayed another 15 years, I probably would have, and gotten another promotion along the way, leading to a decent retirement.





But I am an ';expert'; in a field that is, unfortunately, shrinking and being outsourced to cheaper countries. I might have to retrain but not sure. Now, with this ridiculous job market, and almost being expected to take a cut in pay, competing with younger (lower paid) people, I just don't know how to get excited about this, which is necessary to conduct a decent job search.





Anybody else been through this? How do you get motivated in this type of situation? If you were me, would you change careers completely and take a couple years off to retrain, or try to stick it out in a field that is not growing?How can a single, unemployed, 50 year old get motivated?
There are lots of potential issues for minors in work, many of them legal, moms and dads want to be careful about that. There is lots of assistance from the website in the box below on this topic, they also have assistance for all people who are looking for work, or who want to change careers.How can a single, unemployed, 50 year old get motivated?
Nothing of the above mentioned reasons need to make you unmotivated.You are single, then you are carefree.You are unemployed now, but you have your field of expertise and you will get a job.50 years of age, this means you have more experience than younger people.,so cheer yourself up.





If I were you, I'd consider retraining while I work in my field.I changed careers in a dramatic way before, and I am not sure yet, if it is going to work or not ..lol. and you don't want unemployemnt gaps on your CV.Keep looking and God will provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment