Wednesday, August 18, 2010

As a Christian, how do you get over your past?

I asked Christians because I am one myself...so if you dont agree with our beliefs, please at least respect them.





I have been through so much in my life so far...everyone who knows what I have endured, tell me I need to write an inspiring book. Trust me, you wouldnt believe me if I told you everything Ive been through. Anyhow, how does one get over their past if it keeps coming up? Yes, its good to grow and learn from your past, but what about the negative? If you created a bad reputation for yourself in a small town, but cant move away and start fresh yet, how are you able to truly cleanse yourself and rebuild yourself? Even if some see you changed and dont treat people the same way or act the same way you used to etc. There are still going to be people who dont. Everyone is always who they were in their hometown. I think God is keeping me in this town, connected to my hard past and rough past relationships with friends, family, boyfriends etc. to learn how to deal with it and grow before He allows me to move away and start my career. Everything keeps going wrong and keeping me confined to this area...which is terribly unhealthy for me and my son- spiritually and mentally.





I just dont understand HOW to deal with my past while Im here....because things arent going away.As a Christian, how do you get over your past?
Do you seek glory from men or from God. they may remember your pst , but God sees what is is your heart today. Let the devil have your past. Christians live for today and tomorrow. If you are really changing then have faith that God will change your surroundings to fit the new you. Maybe you are not meant to leave the group, but to patiently be an example of how we grow into what He wants us to be. An example of how God molds us into our futureAs a Christian, how do you get over your past?
God's forgiveness is sufficient and complete. You are a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17). You don't need or want to commit the sin of disbelieving God in this!





Remember Paul, who persecuted Christians and even had them stoned to death, had to live with his past all his life. It was he who wrote in Philippians 13:13, ';... Forgetting what is behind ...';





We cannot undo our past -- I certainly would if I could! -- but it is good that I can't because my past is important in forming who I am today, a part of how God is forming me into what He wants me to ultimately become.





People like to pick on King Solomon -- first praising him because he asked God for wisdom, and then putting him down for all the mess he made of his life (even allowing idol worship in his own home). Solomon asked for wisdom and yet did unwise things! What's going on here? But when we read the book of Ecclesiastes we can see that he ultimately did receive wisdom from God! His many mistakes were just part of that learning process.





Forgetting our past doesn't mean we won't have any memory of it -- it means rather that we won't let it hold us back from the greater glory of serving God. You are forgiven -- that's God's promise. You can take Him at His word on that. You don't have to do anything else about that. But now you can meditate on your past and make it useful for the present and the future.





Thank God for all that He has done for you -- for bringing you safely through your past and into His glorious future. Let me also remind you of Ephesians 2:10: ';For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.';





Created in Christ Jesus (that's you), and God has prepared good works in advance (for you).





I have full confidence in you because I have full confidence in Him! Won't Heaven be great! We'll know all the whys and wherefores then!
Let go and let God.





When the past comes up, give it to Jesus in prayer. Jesus wil teach you how to handle these things and mature in Christ.





Sometimes the past just needs to be overcome by speaking Gods POSITIVE Truth over the devils negative lie.





Cast ALL your cares to Him for He cares for you.





Jesus does the cleaning. He washes us in His Word and renews our spirit man in His Spirit.





Once we give our past sins to Jesus; He takes away our sins. So the devil may harass you with the past, so you need to have your spiritual armor on. Or life situations may cause a bad memory to come back. Each time give it to Jesus.





Submit to God, resist the devil %26amp; the devil runs away.





Meditate on scripture that teaches who you are in Christ. The new persons. Ephesians is a good book to read. Plus John1...
';If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just, and will forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness'; (1 John 1:9).





The Sacrament of Reconciliation





It's great to be Catholic
.








So many of us have had hurt and sadness in our lives.





As for our mistakes, our Creator totally forgives those mistakes if we humbly ask.





As for dealing with our past, I tell myself, ';That's just the way it was.';





Since we can't go back and change things, what else can we do?





Tell others that also................because.............鈥?it's true.





';That's just the way it was';.








.
You are in control of your thoughts, feelings, actions. Everyone else has equal control over their thoughts, feelings, and actions. You cannot change another person. You can change yourself.





You can realize that how others respond to you is completely up to them, and if they choose to respond negatively, that is their concern, not yours. You can stop worrying about what they think of you and focus on what God thinks of you.





You can do something that is even more difficult.


Luke 6:27-28


';Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.';





I'm not saying it's easy. In fact, Jesus calls it the ';narrow way, and few will find it'; (Matthew 7:14). But if you truly love Jesus, turn yourself over to Him, and let Him transform you day by day into the person He wants you to be.





Remember what happened to Jesus. He was reviled and rejected in His hometown, too (Luke 4:29).
I am a Christian and I have had a very painful past. I was diagnosed in 1997 with an incurable illness. I was so desperate to get rid of my pain. What I did was I asked Jesus if I could ';place'; all of my pain and misery at the base of His cross and let Him remove the burden from me. Right away, I felt the burden removed. It took another 10 years for all of the pain and misery to disappear.





If you are a Christian, you know that God does not always answer prayer right away, and sometimes never. However, as a Christian, you also know that you must ';do all things with all of your heart'; for change to happen. Try this and see if it works for you. I was very grateful that I did.
Learn to forgive people, as your Father has forgiven you !! Besides -- so if you want to move away.. the bible says we have not because we ask not, if you want to move away... just pray to God to move and you'll be moved, but not until your conquer your trouble. It only makes you stronger.. so it's you now hold the keys to your destiny, either your learn to move on or you'll keep going back.





Blessings -
I don't know all you have exactly gone through but I have been through a similar situation. All I can tell you is keep your head up and continue your daily walk with God. You will get through this, remember God will not let you go through something you cannot bear. Put your trust in God and He will give you the peace you are seekinggg. God blesss(: email me if you need prayerrr. Periwinkle265737@yahoo.com
Use your past to your advantage as testimonies. Do not be ashamed of it instead harp on it. Yell it at the top of your voice from the roof top if you have to testify it for the glory of the Holy Kingdom.





Always tell yourself that you are now a righteous woman of God. Walk in righteousness. Yield yourself to the Holy Spirit.
I have had a great many trials in my life too. I don't know what your trials were or are but maybe I can help you.


***In no special order:


-The past is just that---in the past. You can't change the past. You can't erase the events, or the days on which those events happened that have troubled you. They are past, they are history, they are over. There is no need to keep pondering them and there is no need to keep reliving them in your mind. Try to let them go.


- Learn from your past mistakes. When you were a kid, you learned how to do things like ride a bike. You undoubtedly had some problems (we all did) fell off, couldn't get going, couldn't stop, etc. But you learned from the mistakes you made. You saw what you were doing wrong, corrected the problem area, and became more able to ride a bike. You learned from your mistakes back then and you may need to do the same thing now. Just like you can't take away the past disappointment and hurt that falling off a bike caused you, you can't take away the emotional hurt that you might be feeling now. But you can learn from it and make the proper changes for the future.


- Think and recount the good things that DID happen in the past. There have been some good things that have happened to you--so dwell on them. Think about the good things that you had and that you have and be thankful and glad for them. Did/do you have loving family members and friends? Can you see, hear, read, buy things, etc.? Not everybody has these things. So be thankful to God and think about these things. Try to let the positive %26amp; good things that you had and have outweigh and be more the main focal point of your life - not the bad things.


- If death has taken some loved ones out of your life- be glad that you knew them to begin with. Maybe you miss them BUY know this--YOU WILL SEE THEM AGAIN. It isn't over. You're just experiencing an intermission. You will be with them again in heaven and in heaven all things will be great-no sickness, no disappointments, no problems AND-it will last forever. Take heart-you will be with them again.


-Like they say, ';Actions speak louder than words.'; Let people SEE-OBSERVE that you have changed and the change has been for the good. If a person seems like they don't want to be with you since you have changed--that's their problem. If they seem like want to put you off-then they weren't a very good friend to begin with. Nothing says you have to hang around with the same people that you used to hang around with. Develop some new friends. Let them see and be with the new you. Join a group, join a Bible study group, join a club, etc. and be with some new people. Your old friends that seem to be treating you poorly now, aren't the only people on earth. Begin to be with some other people.


- One of the best ways of starting to feel better is by helping other people. You probably know of someone that is sort of down and out or that just can't do things for themselves like they used to be able to do--so help them. Get involved in their lives. Think about them. Pray for and/or with them. Help to make life better for them. Doing this sort of thing will help them while helping you at the same time.


Best wishes.
Obeisance.


(Humility)


Live and Learn


Get on with it


The past is the past


We all make mistakes


Others don't remember as much about you as you would think, so don't think badly of yourself. If a thought comes up to remind you of something, they say to yourself, ';I've already been over this.'; and remember what you did to get that forgiveness. Once you are forgiven, you have to believe it deeply, but you have to understand that


Time heals all wounds.





Except mortal ones. Mortal wounds cause death. Time can't do anything about those...but I digress.
I gave it all to God.
As Christ, Himself, said, ';A prophet is without honor is his own hometown.';





You are having problems dealing with it simply because you have yet to forgive YOURSELF of your past as God has forgiven you. You need to LET GO of the anger, hurt, pain, etc. When you accomplish that, then you will be able to view your past, recall your past, etc. without that hurt/pain.





Allow me to share a definition of ';forgiveness'; that our pastor told us. When he did so, it was one of those ';LIGHT BULB'; moments in my life... the ';WOW, that makes SENSE'; type things.





Forgiveness is the CONSCIOUS CHOICE to let go of the OBLIGATION DUE YOU for the hurt/pain that someone has caused you.





When someone sins against you (and yes, that includes yourself!), that person OWES you a debt of ';honor';... repayment... reparations... whatever, to make right the wrong done to you. But forgiving means that YOU, being the ';wronged party,'; have chosen to let go, give up, forget the obligation due you.





Once you do that, you can readily view and discuss the ';past'; without that obligation hanging over you. You will be able to talk ';objectively'; about it, and be able to live the rest of your life without that ';Sword of Damocles'; (see below for definition) hanging over your head or your heart in this case.





I know this from personal experience. I had an anger and unforgiveness weighing upon my heart over the death of my sister. Once I learned exactly what it MEANS to forgive, I found myself able to ';give up'; that anger. But I can still talk about what happened, including the painful parts, without that anger in me. I have been freed from that burden.





So, it can happen to you, and then you can find out that you CAN ';bloom where you are planted,'; and be able to live in that town WITH that past, and find true happiness and joy re-entering your life.








MARANATHA! Come, Lord Jesus, COME!
Praise Father Jehovah Hoseenu ( Psalms 95:6) The Lord our Maker.


The King of kings and Lord of lords ( Daniel 2:47; Revelation 17:14;19:16) The absolutely only way to heaven ( John 14:6 I am the way, the truth, and the life no man may cometh unto the Father except by Me) The Lord Jesus Christ.Romans 3:23,25;6:23;5:8,10%26amp;12; 10:9-10; Revelation 3:19-20)


And Third member of Godhead ( Acts 17:29; Romans 1:20; Colossians 2:8-10) The Holy Spirit ( Ghost) Isaiah 63; Psalms 51:11; Genesis 1:2; Matthew 28:18-20; 2 Cor 13:14; 1 John 5:5-10; Revelation 2-3).


Now then Jesus Christ said in Luke 9:62


62 If you having put your hand to the plow, and looking back, your not fit for the kingdom of God.


After you truly repent ( 2 Peter 3:9; 1 John 1:9-10; Psalms 50-53; Matthew 5; Luke 24:47; Revelation 3:19-20) from your heart for all sins Then know your forgiven ( Matthew 6:9-15; Luke 11:2-4 The two places in New Testiment for Lord's Prayer, 2 Cor 2:7%26amp;10 Apostle Paul speaking of forgiveness, Forgive yourself completely also, Here's Philippians 3:13 Holy Spirit sent me to.


13 Brethren, I count not myself, that I have attained to it, but one thing I do: I forget that which is behind, and endevour myself unto that which is before,


14 And follow hard toward the mark, for the prise of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.


Also 2 Cor 6:14-15 May also help alot.


14 do not be ye unequally yoked together with infidels, for what fellowship has righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?


15 And what concord hathe Christ with Belial? or what part hath the believer with the infidel?


16 And what agreement hathe the Temple of God with idoles? for ye are the Temple of the Living God: as God hath said, I will dwell among them and walk there: and I will be there God, and they shall be My people.


Just start telling them about Jesus Christ and all old sins are washed away by the Precious Blood He shed on Cross of Calvary ( Romans 3:25


25 Whom God sent forth as a reconciliation, by faith in His blood, a propitiation for our sins). Keep praying 1 Thess 5:17 Pray without ceasing.


Rebuke the devil everytime he attacks in the Name above all names ( Phillipians 2:9) and keep moving forward.


Possibly find a good prayer partner, and Leave it all at the feet of Jesus Christ, Father God, and Holy Spirit Hebrews 4:16


16 Come boldly to the throne of grace, so that you may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.


I\Know as a Minister for almost 14 years now I'm living the same thing I pray through to Jesus Christ know He'll handle it and keep on moving forward with life.


Knowing Philippians 4:13 says


13 I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.


I've been confined to same area for almost 3 years now trying to move, Been Banned from over half of the area and actually put in Jail 31 days for Preaching, and speaking Luke 9:23-27 in a Street Ministery, Rejoicing in my persecutions For Jesus Christ Hallejulah Read Matthew 5 The Sermon on the Mount.


Stay repentive of all sins Luke 24:47; Revelation 3:19-20; 2 Peter 3:9) and Remember 1 Peter 5:8; Ephesians 2:2; Revelation 13) That we must hold our Faith until the end Matthew 10:22; Mark 13:13 Revelation 2:10; 2 Timothy 4:7


Matthew 10:22 for ya also


22 And ye shall be hated by all men for My names sake, but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.


Praying to see ya in Heaven ( John 14; Genesis 1:2; 2 Cor 12:2; Revelation 22; Psalms 102:19) Not where the non-believers the infidels are headed, if they do not repent, Eternal damnation, everlasting punishment in Hell( Deut 32:22; Proverbs 5,7,9,15,23; Matthew 5,10; Mark 3; 9:42-50; Luke 16:19-31; Revelation 14, 19-21 As Lake of Fire.


Where there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, where the worm dieth not and the fire shall never be quenched.


I pray that this has adequately answered this awesome question with this quick, fast and extremely short answer.


Jesus Christ still loves us, and I still love everybody with the Love of Jesus Christ Praying for ya all, Galatians 6:2 Carry each others burdens. Huggs

No comments:

Post a Comment