Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Website domains and forwarding. How should I set this up?

I own five domains (let's call them A, B, C, D, and E).





Under my hosting provider, domain A is my primary domain.





Domain B is the domain that is primarily used by others.





Domain C is the domain which is the domain of my primary e-mail address.





Domains C, D, and E auto-forward to domain B.





I'm about to purchase a hosting solution which includes dynamic web development online; however, they require it to be hosted on their servers. This website would replace my current B website.





It seems to me that I should be able to have B be my primary domain, but C, D, and E auto forward to B without having to have hosting plans for C, D, and E.





I'm a technical computer person; however, I focus on the data side of computing, not the networking side. I don't know the best solutions and products available to do what I want. Perhaps I have it set up the best way possible, perhaps not. I'm looking for advice and someone to run through the above and tell me how they'd do it - especially with detail and company recommendations. I'm lost in a sea of options and not sure how to proceed. Thank you for your time and assistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment