Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I untrain a cat who loves to poop in bath tubs?

She was not my cat to train and never seemed to want to use a litter box, the way her sister has always done. I had to remove them from their home in an apartment upstairs and was able, with the help of Feliway, to get her to use side-by-side litter boxes, one with just paper, since I thought she must hate litter. She also loves to go in a little-used hallway, but I had that blocked off. We had to rip out all carpeting in the apartment and have gone through so much to retrain her; now it is time to reintroduce her to the apartment and she went right for the tub.How do I untrain a cat who loves to poop in bath tubs?
You blocked the hallway, now make the tub her worst enemy...water.


Put water in it %26amp; then set the litter box nearby.





After she uses the box - inch it s l o w l y to the room you want it in over time.How do I untrain a cat who loves to poop in bath tubs?
LOL!


Thats pretty funny. But... probably not for whoever cleans the tub.


Maybe get some bathtub like material and put it in a litter box instead of litter.


You could also just close the bathroom door and maybe get keys for it if shes like my cat and can open doors. Just leave the keys on the table or something?


But what I would do is what I said earlier - put bathtub like stuff inside the box and close the bathroom door, so she has to use the litter box
With a potato sack and a large bucket of water :)





- Close the bathroom door


- block the bath


- Fill the bath?
OK, I'm sorry, but that is really funny to an outsider! At least she's trying to use porcelain in the way it was meant to be used for one piece of bathroom 'equipment'. Water in the tub is a good idea, also putting crumpled aluminum foil in the tub with also scare the bejesus out of her. If you have noticed when she uses the 'toilet' them maybe you could train her like a dog and put her in the bathroom with the litter box at the appropriate time...
  • Birds
  • yes loans
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment