Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I have an american red nose pit I have had for 7 years he has gone through so much with me moving from N.M. to?

Ca. having to move after landlord finds out he is a pit, had to be kenneled for a month, sneaking him in and out of motels when i was homeless, living with different people. Now i found a no restriction on breed apartment complex, I'd been their 2 months while walking my dog early morning, a kid and his mom are walking opposite side going opposite way turning a corner my dog barked and pounced on the kid as i yanked the chain backward i fell down making a hole in my elbow , pulling dog towards me kids crying walked away his mom tries to help me out told her go mind your son my dog won't let you near me, i take dog into my apartment telling my son to go out their with me to see how that kid was, at which point he's not crying anymore I told them I take full responsibility and if she decides to take her son to the hospital I would have no problem paying for it. At the time she was more concerned about my elbow , never asking for my name or apt. number. I asked the boy if he would let me see what my dog had done he pulls his pants down upper left leg on thigh was an impression of my dogs mouth open dew to barking a perfect bruise imprint of my dogs mouth, his jeans were not torn and no blood on the boys leg no taring of the skin at all. I said Oh Thank God he didn't bite you.That was that they went their way I went mine, 2 hrs, later apartment manager calls me telling me they were told my dog was involved in a incident where my dog had bit a kid they gave me till 6 that evening to get my dog off premises no longer allowed, I complied then the dog pound is at my door saying the same thing but they were their to take my dog to be quarantined for 10 days to make sure he didn't have rabies. But my dog wasn't their (thank God) anyway have been given a ticket for not reporting a dog bite (which I don't consider a bite no blood no skin tare) the fine is $255.00. Where i had my dog , they can no longer have him, its killing me I went through a brake down over this missed a week of work can't stop crying. All I can do now is have him euthanized because I know no one can or will treat him as I do, he is an inside dog, very spoiled sleeps in my bed with me under the blankets. Never been chained up or kept outside. He is very well mannered, never goes in the house, does not destroy or chew furniture, I have 5 grand kids he has been around since 3 of them were born very good with them. He is very love able, like the park and playing ball, he likes tugging on a rope hanging off a tree. . He has been in hiding at my place, which is not fair to him since my friend was no longer able to care for him. My deli ma now is to euthanize him or find someone to love and treat him as I do, anybody out their. I will upload a couple of pictures.I have an american red nose pit I have had for 7 years he has gone through so much with me moving from N.M. to?
wow


you have been through a lot with your dog. soo, what was the question?I have an american red nose pit I have had for 7 years he has gone through so much with me moving from N.M. to?
I'm sorry about your troubles but the reality is that your dog did attack someone, maybe he didn't break skin but it could happen next time and you clearly did not have full control over the dog. I would hate to see you have to put the dog to sleep, you should look into pit bull rescue groups in your area. These are usually very responsible caretakers and will do everything they can to find him a suitable home. Good luck.
thats soo sadd


why didnt u just tell the people that he did not bite anybody. and how did they even find out. did they say u either move out euthanize him or give him away? thats so ****** upp i wanna see pics. i cant buy him tho. im sorry! what kind is he? how old
Wow. I'm so sorry to hear about this! Unfortunately, we can't take him, but for next time: In most situations, if the dog lays his teeth on skin or clothes, it's considered a bite. I hope he finds a loving home!
Wow, I am so sorry, I can't imagine what you are going through emotionally. Can't you look for another place to live? I wish I could help you. There are pit bull rescues in CA, maybe one of them could help you or give you some suggestions. You may be able to find some of them listed at this website. www.pbrc.net
I KNOW it is breaking your heart. I understand because I have an American Pit Bull Terrier. BUT, your dog left bite marks on this child which to me means the dog is fully capable of human aggression towards strangers.





It makes no difference he is good with your kids etc. The fact is you did not have full control and he bit. Whether there was 'blood' or not is not the issue. The dog attacked. Period.





You know as well as I do this is highly unacceptable behavior in any dog especially an APBT.





Re-homing this animal is taking the chance he will strike again and the next time it will be lethal.





You know what you must do. No matter how much it hurts your dog has an unsound temperment and is a danger to humans he does not know.
Your dog did attack someone, causing bruising and possibly other tissue damage even though the skin was not broken. The attack was unprovoked and against a child. Unless you are willing to move, pay the fine, comply with dangerous dog laws, and seek professional training help, the only thing you can do is euthanize him.





If a poodle did the same thing I would come to the same result. Unprovoked attack of a child, owner unwilling to recognize their dog as dangerous or obey the law regarding rabies quarantine? Unless I am missing something in this story, like the child beating the dog with a stick before they were bit, that is how I read this story.





I'm so sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment