Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How much does a summer job pay in america?

I had applied to America for my undergraduate education.





What I wanted to know was, if I work over the summers over there in america, at an average, how much money can I make? I was having affordability issues, so i wanted to know how much I could ease out through a summer job, and being a Pakistani myself, I haven't a clue.





I've got loads of experience here in Pakistan, and I'll have a normal high school qualification.





Any americans there who work over the summers for college?How much does a summer job pay in america?
It really depends on where you're working and what you're doing. More than likely you will be earning minimum wage which is about 7.60 an hour. If you can find a job for a business like a car dealership or a bank, you might earn a bit better wage, like 10 dollars an hour. good luck!How much does a summer job pay in america?
Federal minimum wage is $7.25/hour (this is the lowest amount per hour that you can earn). However, some states have a higher minimum wage - California's minimum wage is $8.00/hour.





Some jobs are exempt from minimum wage. For instance, if you're a waitress, you may only earn $2.67/hour (don't know the exact amount), but then you'll earn tips from waiting tables.





If you work a full-time job at 40 hours per week at minimum wage, you could earn about $3,400 over summer vacation. If you work a full-time job at $9.00/hour, you could earn about $4,320 over summer vacation.
Unfortunately as an F-1 visa holder you are not permitted to work off campus so this idea will not work. You can work a very limited number of hours only on campus and only during the school year.
  • exchange rate
  • yes loans
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment