Monday, August 16, 2010

How to get away from Computer Addiction?

How? I'm a highschool student who has hardly any classes. I have so much time to burn. Yet I don't have that many options since I don't have a car and don't live near any of my friends.


My family is also going through a hard time right now and it is so easy to hide from my problems when I should really confront them. But recently I've taken an addiction to the computer. I'm on it all the time playing games or socializing. It has gotten to where I do my homework at the last minute because I spend all my time on the computer.


I am a Christian so I know that I can ask God to help and He will, but since I have a weak will, I easily fall back into my addiction.


All you Christians out there, can you give me some advice???How to get away from Computer Addiction?
My advice... turn off the computer. you will definitely survive without email/facebook. The world will continue to spin if you don't twitter. You should confront your problems, be an encouragement to family members, be strong, be a light because your family needs you now, and God can definitely use you in this situation. If I were you, I'd unplug my computer and use it once a week or so to catch up on email, then unplug it and put it away again.How to get away from Computer Addiction?
Computer addiction is becoming the new trend in psychological illnesses. It is a coping mechanism known as sublimation or displacement. It means you are avoiding facing painful feelings by replacing them with another activity. This is fine if your problem is a violent temper and you replace it with physical activities like boxing or martial arts. However, it has only a short term band-aid effect and doesn't address the real issues.





Try to wean yourself off the computer by setting times you use it and time spent with other activities. Reward yourself for every step you take forward. If it becomes to difficult of a battle for you, do not feel God will hold it against you if you seek help. Remember, ';God helps those who help themselves.';
God isn't going to help you with this because one he's fake and made up to control people during the Roman era, and two, refer to the first point if you have any question. And personally, I don't think you have an addiction. Usually when people say, ';Hey, I have an addiction.'; What really happens is that they only use it once or twice a day, for 10 minutes, then call it an addiction because they found a cool application on Facebook or something.





Personally, I think you should find yourself a job. You say you're a highschool student, so that means you're about 15, 16, maybe older. That's old enough to land yourself a four hours job someplace. Personally, I recommend finding a job in customer service or fastfood. I believe everyone should try this as it will teach you valuable lesson in life: minimum wage sucks, and there isn't a ';god'; and if you blindly believe this, you're going to find out quickly just how hard life is.
I can certainly give you advice based on my personal experience and research. First of all you are not alone. I almost had the same problem as you. You may have Attention-deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, commonly known as ADHD and you may also have mild depression. There is non-medication help out there and medication for your problem. I would recommend talking to a therapist and then talking to a Psychiatrist. I don't know how serious your problem is, but following my advice will put you on a track to recovery. Right now I am on medication for ADHD and it has changed my life. You may not need medication, but it certainly works. I hope everything works out for you and wish you the best of luck. Once again, you are not alone, this is a fairly common problem amongst teenagers.
  • exchange rate
  • thin hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment